John Vieira
John Vieira, Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic at Country Ford Trucks
Experience:  Certified and Experienced Diesel Mechanic with the same company since 1982.
78680981

I have a 1997 Volvo Railroad truck with a model 85 nickel boom

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Volvo Railroad truck with a model 85 nickel boom crane that we are having trouble not working !
when PTO is engaged it will not allow fluid to pass through system! Is there a electric valve that will not allow fluid to go through and if so where is it ?
I thought the PTO was not engaging so I put a wire straight from the Battery to in engage PTO but still need other PYO switch on but now nothing works any Help would greatly be appreciated.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  John Vieira replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be working with you on the issue at hand. Does the PTO mount to an automatic transmission? If it is an automatic you need to check the applied fluid pressure at the PTO. Should be somewhere around 110 pounds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Yes, there is 110 PSI???