Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I HAVE A TM15S CLARK ELECTRIC 36V FORK LIFT. IT WILL NOT ATTEMPT

Customer Question

I HAVE A TM15S CLARK ELECTRIC 36V FORK LIFT. IT WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO MOVE WHEN THE SHIFT IS PLACED IN GEAR IN FORWARD OR REVERSE. THIS FIRST HAPPENED WNEN WE HIT A HOLE IN THE ALLEY. AFTER MUCH ATTEMPTS TO GET TO MOVE AND MUCH MOVING OF WIRES LOOKING UNDER THE FLOOR BOARD ETC. IT BEGAN TO WORK AGAIN .IT HAS SINCE QUIT A FEW TIMES AND THEN BEGAN TO WORK AGAIN . NOW IT WILL NOT MOVE OR RESPOND TO THE ACC PEDAL. IT IS LIKE THE FOOT CONTROL DOES NOT MAKE ANY CONNECTION. THIS UNIT WAS MADE IN 1996. I DON`T KNOW WHERE TO GO FROM HERE ?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The first thing to check on the lift is the brake switch at the foot pedal and he parking brake switch. Lift will not operate if either is pushed, cutting the drive function.