Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Is there any way to bypass a failed traction control module

Customer Question

Is there any way to bypass a failed traction control module on a JLG 20 DVL. I know the original traction control module was replaced with a new part number, just curious if there is any way to get my machine up and running without replacing the $1400 part.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Unfortunately there is no easy way to bypass this module for the lift to even function as it is supposed to. It would require an electrician with the schematics to wire in multiple switches and relays to convert everything over to a manual switch lift. It would likely cost as much as the module itself. Copy and paste this link in your browser for the shop manual with schematics to help. Let me know if you need more help
https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/Manuals/JLG/JLG%20Vertical%20Mast/15_20DVL_15DVSP/Service_3121136_08-16-04_Global_English.pdf