spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

Im working on a Clark 500cy 80 fork lift I dont have a op

I'm working on a Clark 500cy 80 fork lift I don't have a operators my question is about the out board drive on the wheel end what oil type of oil and were do you check it this ia a old machine late 60' t early seventy's
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.

Sorry for delay

I'm not sure I understand your question, are you looking for the type of oil that goes in differential? (the drive unit)

What is the coldest,and hottest temps you run machine?

Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the question I have is on the dif at the wheel ends it has a gear reduction is it seperat from the trans or is it all one I cant find a oil fill or drain plug on it or is it behind the wheels

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
When your saying wheel end, both ends of lift have wheels that is why I wanted to clear up.
I think your talking about drive wheel end.

They used to be seperate and changed to together don't know what year the changed.
If yours has a seperate system this is were there at,you get to the plugs by raising mast all the way up and there should be two pipe plugs one for drain and one for fill.
They do get covered in dirt and sometimes can't see them.
The fill plug is just below center point of axle height.
The drain is just off center of bottom of round part of housing.
I remember jacking up with bottle jack and the jack hits drain plug while trying to lift.
80/90 gear lube is what they take.

If no plugs then it is with trans and fill is under floor board and trans takes hydraulic fluid aw46 you can get from any Napa store.

Being that old you don't know what is in it though I would change it so you don't mix any fluids.

Thanks
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience: I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.