Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.

I have a KOHLER Power System 135 standby generator. When it

Customer Question

I have a KOHLER Power System 135 standby generator. When it starts, engine accelerates to correct RPM and runs fine. All gauges operate as designed however, after about 15 minuets with or without load the electrical gauges start to fluctuate for no obvious reason. Frequency and voltage gauges go back and forth at the same time suggesting common problem with electrical output. Auxiliary fault light also comes on when this condition occurs. It lasts for a second or two then gauges go back to normal then it happens again after several seconds. This cycle repeats itself indefinitely. What do you think is the problem?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 3 years ago.

I'm Gina, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still need the answer.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with our professionals’ to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professional's assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.

Thank you,