Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

I have been living illegally in the US since 1992. I

Customer Question

I have been living illegally in the US since 1992. I recently suffered a stroke but now on the road to recovery. I have worked virtually all the time I have been here and have no criminal convictions. I would like to know if there is a pathway for me to take to become legal alien. Thank you.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Pathway as in green card, asylum or other areas in might be qualified to become legal.
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 11 days ago.

This is immigration lawyer Bill offering assistance.

Under what visa did you enter the US,how old were you when you entered and when did that status expire ?

Are you related to any permanent residents or US citizens ?

Have you contacted any employers for sponsorship ?

What is your nationality ?

Looking forward to being of assistance

Bill

Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 9 days ago.

Dear Customer,

I would like to follow up with you on your question in which I replied to a few days ago and gave an answer. Do you need any more information ?

When Finished PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE EXPERTS COUNT ON POSITIVE RATINGS

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND REPONSE PREVIOUSLY

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I came into the country with another person's passport/visa from Nigeria.I was 24 years when I arrived in the US.My nationality is Nigerian.I have a niece who is an American citizen by birth and she has a relatively well-paying job. She 24 years old. She is the closest relative I have in the US.I have not contacted any employers for sponsorship, as I am currently staying illegally. I am currently not workinAnd my apologies for not responding immediately.
Thank you.
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 2 days ago.

Because your original entry was illegal you are likely to receive an immigration ban and it is also a criminal offense.

US code outlines the offense:

"(a)Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts

Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both"

To gain lawful presence in the US under the law you would need to leave the US apply for a waiver and come back on a lawful visa due to the illegal entry.

Remember my answer is based upon the law and may not be favorable to your circumstances but it is best tpo be info

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

rmed rather than misinformed.