How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11711
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed for my citizenship 3 years ago, my interview was 2

Customer Question

I filed for my citizenship 3 years ago, my interview was 2 years ago and I keep being told that approval is pending background checks
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: However today I got a call from my ex-husband that he was visited by Immigration agents trying to force him to say our marriage was fake. Which he could not do because we had a real marriage.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am just confused because I don't understand what is going on No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I got my Greencard in 2009 all the checks were done by Immigration
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 11 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please give me some time to consider your question.

Expert:  Expert James replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you see the option to rate, please do so with a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars. Otherwise, I do not get credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: First, you need to get an immigration lawyer to protect you in case the authorities decide to say you committed marriage fraud.

Then you need to create a Service Request with the USCIS since this is far outside of the processing times:

Third, contact your representatives in Congress to help you get this moving along.

Also, you should contact the USCIS Ombudsman, who helps people stuck in long delays:

I hope that answers your question. Please remember to click on a rating at the top of your screen and hit the submit button - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions