Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

When applying for a card through marriage, when does the 2

Customer Question

When applying for a green card through marriage, when does the 2 year condition period begin,after the work permission is given in 90 days? (not sure what that's called) or the actually permanent resident status which I hear can be 10 months plus? Is it 2 years from date marriage? 2 years from date of work permission (90) days? or 2 years after actually Green Card issued?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thanks

No, the two years begins from the day that the green card is issued. The green card will have the issue date and you count 2 years from there.

It takes about 6 months to go to the interview and then a few weeks to get the green card.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS at the top. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JEN MARIE. "

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you!

You're very welcome!

Hope that was helpful :) Please kindly don't forget to issue a rating on this page.

Hello?

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago but I don't see that you replied with any follow up questions and left no feedback. Is there something else I can help you with? Earning a positive rating from you is my goal and it is the only way that us experts receive any credit for our time and service.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.