Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am working in Afghanistan now for 10 years. I want to

Customer Question

I am working in Afghanistan now for 10 years. I want to immigrate my Thai wife of 5 years to the US. I do not have a US address yet because we are not ready to move but need to start the immigration process. Can i use my fathers address, then when we are ready to move, use the address we plan to move to at a later date?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Are you a US citizen?

Hello again, just letting you know that I would need you to answer my question in order to be able to help you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i am a US citizen. I am a contractor (not DOD) working for the government on a US military base in Afghanistan.

Yes, that is fine. You can use your father's address for now when a US address is needed.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.