How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 107606
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ms. Pearl, Hope you are doing great. I have submitted

Customer Question

Hi Ms. Pearl, good morning. Hope you are doing great.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: I have submitted request to extend the stay of my parents who visited on visitor visa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: And they lefy the country after 2 months and i want to withdraw the case looking for a sample letter for request to withdraw my case
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that;s iy that's it
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Sorry about the delay. There really is no need to withdraw as when they left the U.S. the I-539 was automatically abandoned. IF you want to write a letter, there is no specific form. Also, you don't write it because you did not sign the I-539. They did. So they would have to write the letter, not you. IF they want to send one in, they just explain who they are, reference the receipt #, include a copy of the filing receipt, and just state they want to withdraw because they already left the U.S. and they can submit proof that they left the U.S. such as copies of their boarding passes.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As they are not here now and i'm their petitioner, can i do it on their behalf.
And when they travel back to US will they face any difficulty at the port of entry as they stayed 2 months more than their I-94 valid?
And carrying their receipt of the extwnsion request will help them?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, you were good. It's been mentioned that it's a $5 fee and i saw my card has been charged for $38 which is not correct. That's why i requested a refund.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

The $5 is the initial deposit but the $38 fee was the total. You had to read a little more carefully to understand the cost. Do you really think it is reasonable to get information from a licensed and experienced attorney for less than the cost of a Happy Meal at McDonald's? Even at $38, it's still VERY economical. At this point, I am the one that loses because I don't get a salary to be here. I only get a small portion of your deposit. So imagine, you got your information and I basically worked for free. I wish JustAnswer would make it more clear to the customers that this is not a free service and that it is also not just $5. Again, even at $38 you are getting top-notch legal information.

Related Immigration Law Questions