Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Im writing on behalf of my frind who is recently in Czech

Customer Question

Good morning,my name is ***** ***** im writing on behalf of my frind who is recently in Czech republic ,he was in usa 10 years and return back home ,he has been married to usa citizen for 10 years , last year he tried to come back to usa but they did not let him enter ,because he overstated the first time ,is there any way to get the green card if he is still married?
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: He did 9 years ago ,but they returned it cause there was something missing,and he missed the 90 days ,that they gave hime ,and he would have to reapply...but that time he did not have the money..
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about your friend's situation. On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times.

Your friend's spouse has to petition for him. Without her agreement to petition for him using the form I-130, there is no way that he can get a greencard based on the marriage. I am sorry.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).