Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Today I received I797C for my citizenship application. I

Customer Question

today I received I797C for my citizenship application. I realized that I mistyped the birth date. Is this going to cause any delay or problem? Also, can I fix this error? I used the e-request for the error correction but do I have to submit additional document because this is my error?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I submitted N-400 and I just received I797C (receipt notice).
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I submitted by myself.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really..
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. It could cause an error on the background check because they would be using the wrong date of birth. You can write in a letter sending a copy of your I-797 receipt explaining the error and asking the N-400 to be amended. You can also try to do the same thing through an Infopass appointment. You can go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and make an appointment to speak to an immigration officer in person and try to amend it like that.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.