Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My husband's unilateral divorce now. I am now in a foreign

Customer Question

My husband's unilateral divorce now. I am now in a foreign country. He will say he was cheating, and cancel my green card application?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What is your question?

Judith

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My husband's unilateral divorce now. I am now in a foreign country. I'm afraid he apply to the immigration department said I deceived him and cancel my conditional green card
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to know did he really can cancel my green card ?

Your conditional card is good until it expires.

You can use it to enter the US and file a petition to remove the conditions even if you are divorced if you can prove it was a good faith marriage.

You need this evidence to file the I-751 with a copy of the divorce decree and you need to write a statement why it is a hardship for you to have to live in your country.

Often it is best to hire a lawyer to assist you with this.

A letter where you describe, in a very detailed fashion, the circumstances in which you met your spouse, the reasons you married, and the feelings and emotions that you had or still have towards him and why.
If you have a child or children together, the birth certificate for each child.
Wedding pictures and pictures of other moments when you and your spouse, and other members of your families and friends have been together.

.pdf Very detailed letters from people who know you and your spouse and who are witnesses that your marriage was valid, who were at your wedding, or who knew you as a married couple.
Love letters or cards that you received from your spouse while in the relationship.
Letters from people addressed to both you and your spouse, or in which the person who wrote the letter refers to both of you as a couple.
Any types of documents that have both your names on them that show that you bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for your home or apartment with both of your names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that you lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that you had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that you were or still are covered by your spouse's insurance plan, or that your plan covers or covered him or her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both you and your spouse's names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both your names).
An identification card that shows that you use your spouse's last name.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he can't cancel my green card?

No he cannot.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can enter the us now.?And i have child's birth certificate. Is good for I to apply ten years green card?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I query works my green card?

In addition to the birth certificate you need more documentation it was a marriage for love and not the green card.

Examples

As for your last question, I don't know what you are asking.

I have answered your question fully regarding your ability to enter the US until your card expires. If you want to go into details about how to remove the conditions with a waiver of joint filing you need to begin a new question thread and I am happy to give you the details.

Judith