KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I have a question regarding correction of DOB in my H1

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I have a question regarding correction of DOB in my H1 B petition
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: currently my passport and h1b petition is have different DOB from my birth certificate
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am from India and I am working for Accenture and currently in H1 B visa(work visa) no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no...I just want to know the process of how to change the DOB in H1B petition
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 6 months ago.

Good morning.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

To correct an error with a date of birth on your H-1B your employer would need to file an amendment application on the form I-129. It’s a section called amendments. They will have to state the date of birth correction.

Under USCIS rules and regulations, if there is any changes after the approval of H-1B , then the “employer” has to file the I-129 application for amendment. The process will take about 4 to 6 weeks and the USCIS will process and approve the amendment to the petition and then it will issue new approval notice with changed date of birth. It will be faster if your employer files the amendment under a premium processing.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 6 months ago.

If you have any other questions just ask.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 6 months ago.