How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4123
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm on H1B visa and my wife with son are on H4. Which list

Customer Question

I'm on H1B visa and my wife with son are on H4. Which list of the documents should I have in order to prepare for green card process?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Based on what are you applying for a green card?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Based on my current job position. My employee is going to initiate this process.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Whenever your priority date is current: for the I-485 application you will need the current fees, 2 passport style photos for each of you, an immigration medical exam for each of you (find a doctor here , copy of your passports, visas and current I-94, copy of marriage certificate, and copy birth certificate for your son with certified translations if necessary and a police record from your local police station showing that you have no local record.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Could you please clarify:
What is "current fees"?
Should it be U.S. local police station or Ukraine?
Do I need some recommendations from my previous job(s)?
When should I do medical exam? Right before application or I could do this in advance?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Current fees will be the fees that USCIS is currently charging for hte I-485. It depends when you are eligible. Right now they are $1070 but they will be going up to $1225 after December 12, 2016.

If you are living in the US, then it would be US local police station.

No, you do not. But you must submit a letter from current employer on company letterhead that the position for which you got the I-140 is still available to you and state the salary you will be paid.

The medical exam is good for up to one year. So you can do it before but I would recommend that you do it only a few weeks before submitting I-485 because then it could expire while it is being processed.

I hope this now answers all your questions and hope to have earned your positive rating.

Best of luck

Related Immigration Law Questions