Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Holder who petitioning for my spouse living outside of USA.

Customer Question

Hello, I am Green Card holder who petitioning for my spouse living outside of USA. Our priority date is on June 08, 2015. We are predicting it will be current sometime in March/April 2017. But we are expecting a baby together sometime around April as well. How do we add the baby to the case if she was born before the interview or after?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

You will have to wait and see when your child is actually born. If your child is born BEFORE the interview, then your spouse would have to notify the US embassy before the interview that she has given birth to your child. If there is no time to notify before then she would then take the birth certificate to the embassy. Make sure the birth certificate has a certified English translation.

If the baby is born once she is in the US, then she does not need to do anything. The child will be a US citizen if he or she is born inside the US.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'd have to contact the embassy and ask them to add the child to attend the interview? Or does the child have to attend? What if I wanted to attend as well, if I were in the country at the time?

Yes, you can contact the embassy or consulate with the case by email or phone and send them the birth certificate. In most cases, they will update their system with the information and then send you instructions to fill out a DS-260 for the child.

The child does not have to attend. Just take the birth certificate of the child and the child's passport.

You are allowed to attend if you would like.

I hope this clarifies for you and hope to have earned a positive rating from you for my services. Please kindly don't forget to issue the rating. Thanks for your consideration.

Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 11 days ago.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer yesterday, but you did not leave a feedback for me or ask questions.

I hope that I have earned your positive rating. Thank you for your consideration.