Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have got my package of vawa back from the Vermont service

Customer Question

Hello!
I have got my package of vawa back from the Vermont service center, the reason they gave me is expired i360. So now what should I do? Did they rejected my case totally or I can fill the new form and send them again?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

How long ago did you file the first I-360? Why did you wait to file the I-485?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I send the package one month ago but I didn't realized that the I 360 was expired. So they send the package back and the reason was expired form. So now what I do next? Does this mean they have rejected the vawa or should I fill new form the latest one and send again?

But when did you file the I-360?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
One month later. I send the package. That was the first time I filed for vawa

When did you divorce?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have not yet been divorced. But I am living separate from may. Because she beat my face with a fence. Then I decided to leave. Now I am confused because there is a reason given that the i360 form was expired and for vawa they use new forms specifically. So what should I do?

Something is not right there. Give me the date that you filed the I-360. Also, what was the date that you got the approval of the I-360? And when did you file the I-485, the exact date, please?