How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4332
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As a legal immigrant I joined the Army in 1960, got

This answer was rated:

As a legal immigrant I joined the Army in 1960, got stationed in Germany, got married and had 2 children in Germany. in 1965 we got stationed at Ft hood, and in 1966 I became a citizen. Are my 2 children US citizens

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Children of citizens born abroad are considered citizens.

But not sure that is what you are describing...were you a citizen at the time of birth?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I immigrated in 1959, joined theArmy in 1960 stationedin Germany got married had 2 kids and got staioned in Ft Foo 1965, In 1966 became a citizen

And what is your question today?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are my 2 kids US Citizens
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am trying to fill out Form N-600
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No phone calls please misunderstood
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No Response and No Phone Calls please refund my question #38 charged

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the new expert helping you today.

I can answer you here, not in a phone call. How old were you children when you became a citizen?

Did your children live in the US as permanent residents(green cards) in your custody after you came back from Germany?

What is the immigration status of your spouse (your children's other parent)?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Daughter 2, Son 4,
Question 2 YES
#3 Wife is permanent resident with Green Card
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK looking forward to it..thanks

Unfortunately because of their ages the law was different and your children would not qualify for automatic citizenship. In order for them to qualify you either had to be separated from your wife and have legal custody of your children, your wife must have died or she must have naturalized before they turned 18 like you did. Therefore, they are not automatic citizens and cannot file the N-600. If they want to become citizens, they each have to file the N-400 applications and apply for citizenship on their own. Keep in mind that the price for citizenship will increase after December 23 2016. I'm sorry that I do not have better news. I wish I did but I hope you understand that I do not make the law and I cannot change it.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer 2 days ago, but you did not leave a feedback for me or ask questions.

I'm sorry if it was not the answer you hoped for. I hope you can understand that I am not the one who makes the laws and I cannot change them.

I hope that I have earned your positive rating. Thank you for your consideration.


Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4332
Experience: She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Jen Marie, Esq. and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions