How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 107946
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am planning to travel to India this December 2016.I have

Customer Question

I am planning to travel to India this December 2016.I have few questions regarding immigration.
1) I have new I797 filed by current employer . My current visa is stamped with my past employers I797 and the visa is valid till 2017 September. Can you please let me know if I need to have my visa stamped with new I797. Please let me know if there is any documents I need to collect from immigration team or if there is any other information I need to be aware incase I need to go for visa stamping.Please let me know if any information I need to be aware in terms of travel to India.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I have an approved I797 i dont have anything pending in processing with USCIS
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: i talked to my immigration team they said i wont need a stamping .
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: But i saw
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. I would take with you apart from the I-797, a full copy of your H-1B file (if you can get it from your new employer), the last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs from your new employer, and an employment letter from your new employer stating position, salary and that you are needed to come back to work after your trip.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do i need to get stamping?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

No. You do not need to get stamping. Your valid H-1B from the previous employer that has not expired can be used with the new I-797 approval notice, but I recommend taking with you all of the other things that I listed. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions