Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am in a very difficult and strange situation and need

Customer Question

Hi. I am in a very difficult and strange situation and need help. I filed EB2niw in September, 2010. (PD SEPTEMBER 23, 2010) I filed EB2 in December, 2010, premium processing after labor was approved in october, 2010 (PD June 2010). It got approved in Jan 2011. got the A number I applied I485 with EB2 in June 2011, got my EAD/131 in July 2011-PD June 2010 I got a fellowship/training offer at the end of June 2011, from a prestigious university I thought about it a lot, finally decided to proceed with it. My NIW was still pending--11 months. My lawyer told me that if NIW gets approved, u can interfile and than u are of the hook and proceed with fellowship training. I called USCIS on august 1, 2011 and opened a service request on NIW and gave them A number On august 9, 2011 I got a response that my NIW is en route to an immigration officer On august 16, i got two approval emails, one for I485, other for NIW NIW had the same A number and it captured the PD of I 485 (JUNE 2010). It also contained the ligand that "person for whom this petition is approved will be notied for adjust of status petition separately. My lawyer and called USCIS many times to see which I-140 is linked--no good answer I took info pass, officer said both are EB2, it doesnt make a difference. I went on to the fellowship and told my employer, who was little pissed of. He even asked me to show the approved NIW, which I did. He was ok after that. Now I am due for citizenship. What should I do. I am very nervous. Will I be put on deportation list? Please help
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Expert James replied 12 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you.

Why would you be at risk of deportation? The I-485 was approved and you are being issued your green card.

Also, I see you requested a phone call. You can either accept the auto offer you receive, or you can click on the "Call ME" button on your page.