Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney
26296561

My current card is expired. I already apply for the second

Customer Question

My current green card is expired. I already apply for the second and went to my biometric appointment . I have the form I797 C with me. My grandmother died yesterday and I need to go to chile. Can I go to my country if I haven't receive the second green card ?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 days ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It is generally not recommended for a person to travel with an expired green card, since if the person doesn't have a valid green card at the time of the re-entry into the USA, such can cause various issues and delays in admission and under some circumstances admission can even be denied, so it is always better to wait for the renewed green card to arrive.

I wish you the best of luck!