Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

I had my son in the US, but i am a British citizen, my son

Customer Question

HII had my son in the US , but i am a British citizen, my son who was diagnosed sickle cell trade and he lives with me in Africa. My problem is i was banned to travel to the US by the US embassy because when i had my son i was covered by the Masshealth insurance in MA. Now the problem is my son is having different type of episode related to the sickness. He was followed up by Doctors in the us and needed some kind of long time treatment but the US embassy banned from entering the us and do not know how long this may take. Is my case desperate or something can be done. I need your expertise as to what could be done.Thanks.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, while they cannot ban your son from entry into the US, they can ban you from entry. This would mean you would need to find a US citizen to accompany your son to the US for treatment or you would have to apply for a waiver under humanitarian reasons for the medical care for your son, which you would have to prove could not be obtained in any other country.
At this point if you have nobody in the US you can contact to accompany the child for treatment, you would need to hire a local Immigration Attorney to represent you to secure the waiver of inadmissibility and you can get one of those at the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org and if you plan on returning to MA, you can get one in MA to assist you which they can do from a distance.