Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My son was stopped at boston airport with traces of THC in

Customer Question

My son was stopped at boston airport with traces of THC in his luggage. He is on an F! student visa. He has been let in but he has to report back to Immigration within 30 days most probably to deport him. Is there a way to appeal the process so he can continue his studies in the US?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: non.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. He was made to sign a document admitting that he had smoked marjouana in the US.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: non.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Did they admit him in F-1 student status or they paroled him in? Did he admit to any drug use?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They Paroled him in. Yes he admitted to drug use once.

When he admitted the drug use, did he say when the last time was that he had used?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He said:
"A Couple of weeks or Months ago "

That's unfortunate. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all. Because he admitted to recent drug use, this makes him inadmissible to the U.S. However, he could apply for a 212(d)(3) waiver from inside of the U.S. to waive the inadmissibility. You can look at the following link to see the I-192 which is the form for the waiver:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-192

You can find more information here:

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2003,0930-labrie.shtm

I recommend hiring an attorney to do the waiver to have the best change of success. You can look for one at www.ailalawyer.com.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!