Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have been a us legal resident with a card since 1985 i

Customer Question

i have been a us legal resident with a green card since 1985
i early 2016 I tried to become a citizen but was denied due to a recent arrest for a dui in that same year. ive had 3 dui's in total in my life time with no aggravating factors of tirputude. one 17yrs aga and the other when i was in my 20's. I am very responsible business owner, husband and parent to 3 kids 16, 19, 23yrs of age i support my parents both retired.my green card that previously had no expiration date had been updated to one that had expiration on june 2016
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: yes but i was denied due to the arrest of the dui in 2016
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: i have gotten brief consultatuions, their answer vary from don't worry duis are not actions of deportation to not sure its up to them to renew me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: YES I'VE BEEN COMPLETELY CLEAN FOR 17YRS AND I WAS STOPPED FOR NOT HAVING A LICENSE PLATE IN THE FRONT OF MY CAR. MY ATTORNEY ASSURED ME THAT THIS WOULD NOT AFFECT MY GREENCARD RENEWAL AND I AM WORRIED THAT IN MIGHT
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 11 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney assisting you today.

Please be patient while I prepare a reply for you.

Just to be sure that I am answering the correct question, are you just asking if you can renew your green card?

Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 8 days ago.

Hello again, I see that you were able to question my answer back on November 23rd nd you didn't reply. I can only give you your answer if you reply to my question. You are not charged for answering my question.