Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a question about birth certificate, no, but I am

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a question about birth certificate
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: no, but I am preparing for applying my mother's green card
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a question : my mother does not have birth certificate, but we have an relation certification from Chinese government, on the certificate, there are my name, birthdate, my mother's name, birthdate, our address in china, and it certified our relation ship: she is my mother. I wonder if that certificate can work as a substitute for her birth certificate? I am naturalized in 2010
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 17 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. Here is the official link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/CH.html

As to what you have, this would be considered secondary evidence and can work, yes, but you will probably need to supplement it. Here is a link to a very good article:

http://www.immihelp.com/birth-certificate/non-availability-birth-certificate.html

Click on where it says secondary evidence to read more about it.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
will passport works? My mother has a valid passport

Unfortunately, a passport will not work. She will still need secondary evidence. They are very strict about this due to security reasons.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
will this document work?

If a passport and that are all you submit, I do not believe it will work. Please review the article on secondary evidence. Here is the link again:

http://www.immihelp.com/birth-certificate/birth-certificate-secondary-evidence.html

The more secondary evidence you have, the better chance she has of not having issues with identity.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
did you see the photos of the documents? She is on a B2 visa now.

The photos of the documents that you sent, yes, I saw them. It's of the same document. There are a bunch of things on the list of secondary evidence. Are you saying that you cannot get family members over there to gather those documents or hire an attorney or someone in China to get them?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can get mine birth certificate, but hers maybe difficult. Because my grandparents all died. Do you think the document I took pictures can work as secondary evidence?

I don't believe those documents that you took pictures of will be enough. There are 12 general categories of things that can be provided as secondary evidence. Work on getting more of those things. The more you have, the better it is.

Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% to 40% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. That's the only reason I keep mentioning it. Sorry if it is a bother as it is not my intention. If you don't see the stars by my name, I think all you have to do is scroll to the top of the page or click on my name and they will come out. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 15 days ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!