Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I was arrested on a dui in 2009 and my license was suspended

Customer Question

i was arrested on a dui in 2009 and my license was suspended for 1 year how should i answer this question on my N400 form application
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 18 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. You were convicted? Was it a simple DUI, no injuries, no damage?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Yes to both questions or yes to one of the questions? Which one?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
One

So there were injuries and damages?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No injured no damaged

Well, a very important part of the N-400 is honesty. So you must answer yes to the questions on the N-400 in regards ***** ***** arrest, etc. You most likely will need to provide certified copies of both the police report and court disposition of the incident. As long as it has been more than 5 years since the close of that case including any time on probation, then you should be ok. Just be honest about everything.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 17 days ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.