Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have lost my original i797 but have my h1b visa stamped

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: i have lost my original i797 but have my h1b visa stamped and everything. I have a copy of i797. Would there be a problem when entering the u.s. at poe?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no. everything is approved.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no. but it seems like you answered on the forum.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 14 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

A copy is fine. They would be checking their system anyway using the case number ***** on the I-797, so yes, a copy is fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 13 days ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!