Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Residing in Saudi Arabia, I know a girl in US and we want to

Customer Question

I am Yemeni residing in Saudi Arabia, I know a girl in US and we want to get married; I have B visa. Once we have the marriage certificate;
How long should it take to get the Green Card after applying it?
Should I wait after apply for GC inside the US? I can only stay in US for 175 days max. to maintain my residency and return back to SA.
Thanks.
Mohammed.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello Mohammed, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Once you are married, your wife can petition for you through form I-130 and it will take approximately 9 months to 1 year before you will be able to enter the US on your green card?

Legally you cannot enter the US on a B visa with intentions to apply for the GC while you are here.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again, I see that you were able to view my answer back on November 20th and you didn't reply or leave feedback. Is there anything else I can clarify for you to earn your positive rating?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
After she can do the petition in US while im in US; Should i wait 9-12 months in US?