Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am married US citizen she is already married and wants to

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I am married US citizen she is already married and wants to divorce first husband can she sponsor me to US
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes she filed the annulment against first husband and going to report to immigration
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes me and my wife are expecting a baby so how soon I can come to US
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The answer is yes. This is not unusual. She first has to divorce her husband, but after she does, she can sponsor you for a greencard (lawful permanent resident) via marriage.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.