Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I have a question about the L1 Visa. It is for deciding

Customer Question

Hi Pearl - I have a question about the L1 Visa.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the lawyer to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him or her to know?
Customer: It is for deciding between E2 and L1 visa
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 15 days ago.

This is Bill here. These two visa types are quite different.

Are you wishing to invest in your own business or come to the US as an employee ?

What is your question.

I hope to be of assistance

Attorney Bill

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Bill - I am a small-business owner based out of Canada. I own a dry cleaning business here that I have been running for the past 15 years. There are 4-5 employees here in Canada. I am in the process of purchasing an operating home health business in Florida, USA. I will be investing substantial capital. The home-health agency has about 40-50 staff. We can own the home health business either through my Canadian dry cleaning company, or we can set up a new company to own it, depending on the immigration requirements. In my situation, would an L1A or an E2 visa be appropriate in your opinion.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Also, I do not plan on selling my DC business, as it will just continue to run. So I will be keeping the DC business here in Canada and also running the home-health agency in Florida
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Judith replied 15 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Approximately how much cash at risk are you going to invest in the home health business.

I do not see a correlation between the dry cleaning and home health business so I an looking at the E2 as being the most successful option.

This is a very complex undertaking and I strongly urge you to have a telephone conversation with an expert to establish you education and experience background for purposes of having an expertise of developing home health.

I want to know how much you are going to invest.

I need to know if your ultimate goal is a green card.

There is so very much that needs to be discussed to determine which option is 1. most likely to be successful; and 2. which option you are best qualified for.

I cannot offer you the premium service. You have to request the phone call.

You can google me and we can make other arrangements to go into depth on your plan through skype or other conferencing options.'

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith Ludwic

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Judith - thanks for your email. I am pleased to have a quick telephone conversation. My cash at risk would be approximately $750k USD initially for a 50% interest in an existing home health business. Thereafter, I would inject an additional $330k, for the remainder of the interest in 9 months, with total business purchase investment of $1.1m USD. The ultimate goal would be to obtain green card, but I am not fussed about not having it. I just want to be able to run the business in USA.My education background is: Industrial engineer from University of North Carolina (graduated 1991). I also have a chemical engineering undergraduate degree from University of Punjab in Lahore Pakistan (1983). I am a Canadian citizen and have been based out of Canada since September 1996. I have been involved in the dry cleaning business here in Canada since 1999. I do however serve a large number of senior customers in my dry cleaning business, so that customer service component would be transferable. If you have a few minutes to chat this morning, we can certainly have a quick discussion as I need to respond to my corporate attorney on the details.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Judith replied 14 days ago.

I will be on travel all day and through the night. I can be available tomorrow evening for a phone call.

Judith

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sounds good Judith - I can do anytime between 6:00 - 7:15pm CT tomorrow evening, or on Sunday morning at your convenience. Please confirm. I have submitted all the details below so everything is in one place for your review. Please also provide me your telephone number as I won't have access to skype or a computer tomorrow evening for our call - my email is***@******.***. I will be calling you from(###) ###-#### Warm regards. VickQuestion:I am a small-business owner based out of Canada. I own a dry cleaning business here that I have been running for the past 15-17 yrs. There are 4-5 employees in Canada in my business. I am in the process of purchasing an operating home health business in Florida, USA. I will be investing substantial capital (details below). The home-health agency has about 40-50 staff. We can own the home health business either through my Canadian dry cleaning company, or we can set up a new company to own it, depending on the immigration requirements. In my situation, would an L1A or an E2 visa be appropriate in your opinion.
Also, I do not plan on selling my DC business, as it will just continue to run. So I will be keeping the DC business here in Canada and also running the home-health agency in Florida.My cash at risk would be approximately $750k USD initially for a 50% interest in an existing home health business. Thereafter, I would inject an additional $330k, for the balance of the ownership interest in equal payments of $130k every quarter, with total business purchase investment of $1.1m USD, plus working capital injection of $80-100k USD. The health agency has current annual sales of about $1.8m USD. The ultimate goal would be to obtain green card, but I am not fussed about not having it. I just want to be able to run and grow the business in USA.Citizenship: I am a Canadian citizen and have been based out of Canada since September 1996.Education background: Industrial engineer from University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (graduated 1991). I also have a chemical engineering undergraduate degree from University of Punjab in Lahore Pakistan (1983).Work experience: I have worked for a large pharmaceutical company, Glaxo Pharmaceuticals, from 1983 - 1996, as director of logistics and strategy, managing over 1000 staff.
I have been involved in the dry cleaning business here in Canada since 1999. I have two small dry cleaning depots here in Toronto, and I usually serve the customers along with a few other staff. There are a large number of senior customers in my dry cleaning business, so that customer service component and my managerial experience from Glaxo would be transferable to the home health business.Kindly let me know your thoughts as to whether L1A or E2 visa would be appropriate in my situation, and how much you would charge for the same services. We are also in the process of finalizing the purchase sale agreement.Thanks so much Judith -
Expert:  Judith replied 13 days ago.

My apologies for not responding sooner. I am in the process of moving out of state and at this time it is most difficult to make myself available for a phone call request.

However, JustAnswer puts the option for a phone call request in the customer's hands and all you need to do is click on the button to request a phone call and any one of the experts online at that time will accept your request and give you excellent service.

At this time JA does not give you the option of requesting any one particular expert to accept your call request but all experts are equally qualified to assist you.

Judith