Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a question for my brother. He was borned in USA 33

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question for my brother. He was borned in USA 33 years ago. He has a USA birth certificate, SSN number and an expired USA passport. He doesn't live or work in USA now, and has never filed for USA tax return. He wants to apply for his parents to come to USA. What should he do to sponsor his parents to immigrate to USA?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 21 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is he planning to come to the U.S. to live with or before his parents?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
He doesn't want to come to US to live. He grew up in Canada and want to stay in Canada. I lives in US under Green Card, but cannot sponsor my parents since I am not citizen.

We may need to speak over the phone about this in a private conversation because this is not really a private forum. Would you like to upgrade to a private phone call?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 20 days ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I'm not trying to upsell you, but if you do not want to speak in private, I can only give you the standard answer. This will not work. Why? Because he will need to show immigration that he either lives in the U.S. so that his parents can come to the U.S. for family unity, or that he will come with them to live in the U.S. for family unity. He cannot petition for them just for them to come to the U.S. to live while he stays outside. I hate to give you that bad news. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Do you Mean That I won't get charged if I am not satisfied with the answer even when u call me?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 19 days ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.