Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My question is as follows: I am on the verge of getting a

Customer Question

My question is as follows: I am on the verge of getting a job with the IRS. However, my future husband is an "illegal" alien. I am afraid that by getting a job with the IRS they will see from our joint tax return that he is undocumented since he files with an ITIN and then report him to Immigration? Is this likely to happen?
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'll be right with you after I review your question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to cancel my question and payment.

Actually no, this is not likely to happen. The federal agencies do not communicate like that ordinarily unless there is a reason. IRS would not automatically assume that your husband is undocumented only because he has an ITIN and has no reason to report this to ICE (immigration).

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.