How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jennifer Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3464
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jennifer Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm married I got my card 4 months ago.All the time I been

Customer Question

I'm married I got my green card 4 months ago.All the time I been married my husband abuse me mentally.He left at house by self.I was going to English Classes but he is always late to leave me there.I still don't got car or job because I need to improve my english.He try to control me.Have something that I can do to have divorce and keep green card? I have one police report too. Thanks
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. You should never have to go through something like that.

The good news is that you can very likely still keep your green card and still divorce. Since you already have the green card, what you have to do is wait until your 2 year green card is about to expire and then file the form I-751 to remove conditions . There is an option to file it after you are divorced and also if you are abused. You can choose both options and provide proof of the abuse. Try to keep proof that you were together until now such as Joint bank statements, joint bils, anything else you can get.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.


Related Immigration Law Questions