Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I Have the a2 visa with the tdy. Does it mean that I can

Customer Question

Hi, i Have the a2 visa with the tdy. Does it mean that I can stay in the states only for 90 days or there is some grace period till I need to leave the country ?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 25 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Expert:  Judith replied 25 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Your head of mission would have to request an extension of your stay on form I=566 and then you would submit to them the I-539. The mission would then seek the extension of stay for you through diplomatic channels.

There is no grace period.

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.