Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am a natural born US citizen. I met a girl in India

Customer Question

Hello.... So I am a natural born US citizen. I met a girl in India through my friend in San Diego (it's his sister). I'd like to do an engagement ceremony in India but actual marriage in the US. How hard is it to do a K1 visa?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I am a US citizen (born)
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: 1 lawyer but waiting on another one.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's all. (for now0 wait.. hold on
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Not hard. This is done by filing an I-129F with USCIS. See HERE for step by step instructions.

You have to marry her within 90 days of her coming to US and then file for her greencard using I-130 and I-485 together.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.