Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I was Wondering if you can help me. I am a Canadian citizen

Customer Question

Hello, I was Wondering if you can help me. I am a Canadian citizen and I have a U.S California conviction. I was Paroled on August 25th of 2015. for possible employment reasons, I am looking to see if it is possible to apply for either a pardon, waiver or a suspension to go back into the U.S. If it is possible, how long do i have to wait to do this and what do I have to do? Can you help at all? Thank you for your time.
JA: We take care of them immediately, but sometimes it takes 3 to 5 days for the banks to process things. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: im not sure. If he has any questions please ask
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Expert:  Judith replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What was your conviction for?

There are waivers of inadmissibility depending on what your crime is.

Judith

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was incarcerated in California and my conviction was for Attempted Murder and solicitation. It was a non murder case.
Expert:  Judith replied 2 months ago.

You are going to be a difficult one. This is an aggravated felony and since you were only paroled a year ago it is really difficult for you to show rehabilitation.

Are you still on parole and if yes, for how long? What was your sentence - time served?

Judith