Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Second opinion] - I got married 2 years ago to an american

Customer Question

Second opinion] - Hi there ... I got married 2 years ago to an american citizen.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: The marriage didnt work. We also never apply for the green card. Im divorced now, Getting married for the second time next month, I am still going to be able to be eligible for a green card?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: The marriage didnt work. We also never apply for the green card. Im divorced now, Getting married for the second time next month, I am still going to be able to be eligible for a green card?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 27 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What visa did you use to enter the U.S.? What evidence do you have that the marriage just didn't work out?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 26 days ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

As long as you did not come in on a K-1 fiancee visa, K-3 spouse visa, J-1 exchange visa with the 2 year home residency requirement or a D-1 crewman visa, then yes, you should be eligible to apply for U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency through a new marriage. You will have to prove that the new marriage is real and that the old marriage was not fraud.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 24 days ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!