Only for Judith ………
I am an Indian Citizen residing in USA on US Green Card
which i got 5 & 1/2 years ago as employment-based . I have already applied for US Citizenship
in the last week of August month of 2016 by submitting N-400
for me and my spouse and not for my son who is only 14 yrs of age . Me and my spouse have already got our biometrics done in last week of September of 2016 as per the appointment letters mailed to us by USCIS . Just after 2 days of our Biometrics , our online status on USCIS Portal changed to CASE IS IN LINE FOR AN INTERVIEW , and it was the message like - we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
, We will send you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.
But since then there is no change after 1 & 1/2 month have passed and my interview should be at St. Paul Office because i live in MN State . Please clarify the below :
(1) What can be the reason of delay or can it be more wait ?
(2) Can my spouse visit to India now and will come back if interview scheduled before his return date ?
(3) Can my spouse visit to India after the interview is done but before the Oath Ceremoney ?
(4) Will there be any problem in above 2 situations # 2 and # 3 while returning to USA ? Do they count minimum 6 month stay in USA in just preceding 12 months or 6 months stay in every 12 months or they just see overall minimum 30 months stay in USA out of immediately precedeing 60 months ?
(5) I know that if U.S.Citizenship is given to me and my spouse , then after getting our certificate of citizenship
at Oath Ceremony , we can also apply for certificate of citizenship for our 14 yrs old son . But is there any need to get such certificate for my son for such big fees because anyway my son will get the US Passport with us and he can keep one copy of passport in digital form if sometime his passport is lost so that he can get new passport again again .