If you plan to get married and bring him to the US, you need to get married and then do the following:
1) file form I-130 on his behalf;
2) it goes to the national visa center for processing.
3) national visa center will contact you to file form I-864 affidavit of support and instruct him to file his immigrant visa application
4) case will proceed to the US consulate or embassy cliests to him.
5) he will need to get his medical examination done
6) he will be interviewed by the US consulate.
7) if all goes well, he will be issued the visa and can come to the US.
8) once he enters, he is a permanent resident and gets his green card in about a month to 6 weeks.
Here you can find information about each step in the process: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/immediate-relative.html
And here you can find a step by step illustration of the process. Click each section to get details of that process: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/fees/nvc-fee-payment-faqs.html
I hope I have answered your questions. If I have, then please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. If you still have more questions, you can ask them even after you’ve given a rating.
I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.
And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.
A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.
And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.