Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

TO MARRY MYEXICAN BOY FRIEND HE LIVES IN MEXICO US CITIZEN

Customer Question

I AM TRYING TO MARRY MYEXICAN BOY FRIEND HE LIVES IN MEXICO I AM A US CITIZEN WE HAVE BEEN FRIENDS FOR TWENTY FIVE YEARS WHAT DO I NEED TO DOWE PLAN TO GO TO MEXICO CITY WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING
JA: Are you both currently living in the United States, and what are your immigration statuses?
Customer: YES I AM A US CITIZEN
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 27 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you.

As we work through this, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, please leave me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job. Please do not forget to do this before leaving the site. Like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. I am sure you understand.

Asking me if I am still here or checking in only serves to delay the response. So your patience is very much appreciated.

Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.

If you plan to get married and bring him to the US, you need to get married and then do the following:

1) file form I-130 on his behalf;

2) it goes to the national visa center for processing.

3) national visa center will contact you to file form I-864 affidavit of support and instruct him to file his immigrant visa application

4) case will proceed to the US consulate or embassy cliests to him.

5) he will need to get his medical examination done

6) he will be interviewed by the US consulate.

7) if all goes well, he will be issued the visa and can come to the US.

8) once he enters, he is a permanent resident and gets his green card in about a month to 6 weeks.

Here you can find information about each step in the process: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/immediate-relative.html

And here you can find a step by step illustration of the process. Click each section to get details of that process: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/fees/nvc-fee-payment-faqs.html

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have, then please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. If you still have more questions, you can ask them even after you’ve given a rating.

I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Expert:  Expert James replied 23 days ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but I did not get credit for answering your question yet. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else?

Please let me know either way.

Thank you!