Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Had visa for ten years can not get it redone, will not tell

Customer Question

had visa for ten years can not get it redone, will not tell me why. told to go to homelan d security but did not get them i havent done anything wrong but finally did request a pardon and that was denied .who do I talk to its been over 10 years and lots of visa appt. i am single and over 50 a nd a eye doctor and owen my own home.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: they told me to ask for a pardon
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i helped a friend to the border about 10 years she is a legal citizen as soon as she crossed the arrested me and said i was a coyote she went thru the sanyesido crossing.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 22 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Expert:  Judith replied 22 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

If you were told to ask for a pardon - that is really a waiver - that means you violated your status on one of your visits.

Did you ever overstay?

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 22 days ago.

I am not clear, what do you meant you helped someone cross the border? Did you drive a car?

Did they stop you?

Did she prove she was a US citizen to the agents who stopped you?

Why would they say you were a coyote if she had evidence of her US citizenship? What happened to her when you were stopped?

Judith