Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My son lost his EAD card and has applied for duplicate card.

Customer Question

Hi. My son lost his EAD card and has applied for duplicate card. But it has not been delivered since 88 days. Pls how long could it take and how to find its status? Thanks in advance.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Yes. Through OISS office of Rice University.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not exactly.just anxious to know the status As his present employers may ask him to stop his work till the duplicate EAD card is not received...
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

The current wait for a replacement or new EAD is 90-120 days.

Our association has been fighting with USCIS over the extended delays which cause extreme financial hardship to families but they recently amended the regulations to remove the 90 day period of time to produce the EAD.

Part of the cause of the delay is that the applicant has to be run through the FBI clearance all over again. The FBI is backlogged.

Here is the link to checking status on his application

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith