Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I want to get married to mu girlfrend and then get my

Customer Question

I want to get married to mu girlfrend and then get my citizenship. Is that a good idea?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I dont. I am a resident. I am cuban
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to help her get her residency
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 24 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Are you a CU6? How did your girlfriend enter the U.S.?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 23 days ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If you are a CU6, you should not become a U.S. Citizen yet. Marry your girlfriend, apply for her to get U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency and she can get it as a CU7. She would have a harder interview than normal because there is lots of fraud in those cases, but if she passes, she gets a 10 year non-conditional green card. If you instead become a U.S. Citizen and then file for her, she would only get a 2 year conditional green card then 2 years after that she has to petition to remove the conditions in order to get a 10 year green card.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 21 days ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!