Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My wife has taken off with our baby daughter and is bipolar.

Customer Question

My wife has taken off with our baby daughter and is bipolar. She is not letting me know where she is but is in the Boise area. She said she lost her ID and needs it replaced. As her sponsor do I have the right to find out where the replacement ID is being sent?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: A divorce lawyer only. We have filed a petition for divorce but can't serve it, are trying for an emergency bypass of the serve
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am worried about the safety of my daughter, she is only 18 months old.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Unfortunately no. The fact that you were her sponsor in the US does not give you a right to know where her documents are sent. You are just responsible financially if she were to use public assistance.

I would suggest that you file a police report for the fact that she took your daughter without your permission.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you! Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time. If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.
Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.