Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My parents have a five year tourist visa to the United

Customer Question

Good evening. My parents have a five year tourist visa to the United States. They both visited in 2014 and in 2015 - 2016 only my mother visited. They both are currently in Pakistan. They have about 2 - 3 years remaining on their visas. I am a naturalized US citizen over 21 years of age. My plan is to emigrate them into the US. My question is this: if they come on their current tourist/visiting visa to the US, are they allowed by law to stay with me in the US while I file all the paper work for their immigration to the US? Can an immigrant visa be granted while they are in the US on a tourist visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

IF they are able to make it in without Customs and Border Patrol figuring out that their intent is to stay in the U.S., then yes, you can file for them to stay and they can stay during the process until they get their green cards.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Sumaira. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!