Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I'm an Italian pensioner of 76 years old; I was married to

Customer Question

I'm an Italian pensioner of 76 years old; I was married to on American for two years and then divorced. I have my house, my car and pay taxes regolarly. Can I get a green card? Thanks.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you.

Was a legalization process ever initiated for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I paid 3 times the sponsorship and 3 times my wife interrupted and asked divorce. She wanted at all cost my house and every time I refused, she demanded a divorce and not sponsored more.

OK, thank you. During this process, please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. So please do not give me a negative rating for an answer you did not expect or like. Thank you for your understanding.

Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank

ANSWER: There are only a few ays a person can get a green card:

- family based immigration

- employment based immigration

- DV lottery

- immigrant investor visa

- asylum.refugee status

Based on the information you've provided, there is no path to legalization at this time. If you marry another US citizen, then there would be a path. But on the information you've provided me, that simply is not going to be possible without a change in the law.

I'm so very sorry. But again, I do not write the laws or make the rules, so please do not hold it against me.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have, then please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. If you still have more questions, you can ask them even after you’ve given a rating.

I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but no rating was given. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.