Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

OK I HAVE MY FIANCE HE SERVED 24 YRS IN PRISON FOR MURDER OK

Customer Question

OK I HAVE MY FIANCE HE SERVED 24 YRS IN PRISON FOR MURDER OK WELL HE HAS HIS PAPERS BUT THEY REVOKE THEM NOE HE IS OUT OF PRISON BUT IS IN THE DETENTION CENTER FOR ICE FOR DEPORTATION WHAT CAN WE DO HE BEEN HERE SINCE HE WAS 4 YRS OLD PLEASE IN DESPERATE HELP I CANT HAVE HIM GOING TO EL SALVADOR THEY KILL THEM FOR FREE OVER THERE
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO I TRYED TO DO A ASLUYM BUT THEY TOLD HIM HE DONT QUALIFY CAUSE HE HAS NO THREATS ON HIM FROM EL SALVADOR
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: IS IT POSSIBLE AND HOW MUCH WILL THIS COST US TO STOP THEM FROM TAKING HIM
JA: It's only $5 .
Customer: OK
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 29 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. I had a connectivity issue and then I had to rush off to court. In what state was he convicted? Is there any possibility that he could get the conviction overturned like perhaps they did something wrong in convicting him?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 27 days ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Unfortunately, I do not have good news for you. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

To avoid deportation, he primarily has the following options:

1) Get a full and unconditional governor's or U.S. Presidential pardon.

2) Hire a VERY good criminal attorney to look into the possibility of reopening his criminal case because something was done incorrectly at the criminal level. If the case can be reopened, then the conviction needs to be vacated (set aside) and then he would need an agreement from the prosecutor not to prosecute him again (which they can do). You can try looking for an attorney at www.ailalawyer.com.

3) Convince the majority of the U.S. Congress to change the law or to make a law of special application only for him called a Private Bill.

These options essentially would eliminate the conviction so that Immigration cannot use it against him to deport him. Unfortunately, sealing or expunging the conviction does not work.

4) IF he became a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident while inside the U.S. AND he has a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident spouse or son or daughter that would suffer EXTREME HARDSHIP if he is deported, then he MIGHT stand a chance to not be deported and get Residency again.

I am truly sorry, but he has a tough battle ahead of him.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 25 days ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!