How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28677
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible for him to get an extentsion om his card due

Customer Question

Is it possible for him to get an extentsion om his green card due to his health? He is almost legally blind among other health issues.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 6 months ago.

Not now. He needed to apply for the re-entry permit BEFORE leaving.

If he stays he can try to get a returning resident visa.

He has to prove he intended to return within one year and his unexpected health complications prevented him from travel.

Read this link

This is never guaranteed and he has to show the same ties discussed in the other article I gave you.


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does it make any difference in his filing of citizenship that my mom is a citizen?
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 6 months ago.


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 6 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.

Related Immigration Law Questions