Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

It has been a month and a half since I e-filed I-90 renewal,

Customer Question

It has been a month and a half since I e-filed I-90 renewal, still no receipt of notice or biometrics appointment?
I got an email confirming $450 payment and it was taken out of my credit card. On the USCIS website, my case status says "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed On September 23, 2016, we received your Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card , Receipt Number IOE************, and emailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our Integrated Operating Env location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice." I later emailed them and got a response "Recently, you or contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. USCIS makes every effort to process cases within the projected time frames and in the order in which they were received; however, your case has not cleared all required security checks at this time. Until we receive the results of these security checks, we cannot move forward on your case."
What would these security checks be and should I be worried that It is in the process of being rejected? I have no criminal background. I'm afraid maybe I filled out something wrong or they found something else that i'm not aware of? Should I call them instead?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 25 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.

OK, thank you. As we work through this, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, please leave me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job. Please do not forget to do this before leaving the site. Like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. I am sure you understand.

QUESTION: What would these security checks be and should I be worried that It is in the process of being rejected? I have no criminal background. I'm afraid maybe I filled out something wrong or they found something else that i'm not aware of?

ANSWER: Unfortunately, there is absolutely no way for me to know the reason. It could be one of many reasons. But security checks are run on everyone. And because you have not yet done biometrics, they cannot have run the security background checks for you yet.

QUESTION: Should I call them instead?

ANSWER: If it is outside the normal processing times, then I would call them and ask to confirm your address and have a notice sent to you.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have, then please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. If you still have more questions, you can ask them even after you’ve given a rating.

I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!