Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I have joined a new employer after h1 transfer, my previous

Customer Question

i have joined a new employer after h1 transfer, my previous h1b i still valid, i want to move to previous employer. But i submitted i9 here, i just worked two days here in new employer is it ok to move
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats the question
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 4 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello James, i am on h1b. Transfered to new employer, worked for one day at new employer, decided to go back to previous employer, previous petition is still valid. I submitted i9 at new employer, can i go to previous employer without any transfer right ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello James,, you there?/

Sir/Madam,

Yes, I am here. But as my initial response said, I would need some time to review your question, and that it would take a little while, and I would be back.

Also, please note that each question is attended to in the order the question and any responses are received. So each time you write to me asking if I am still here, it puts your question at the bottom of the list, as if you most recently responded. That causes you further delay. So please try to refrain from doing that unless absolutely necessary.

I will prepare your answer or ask for more information if I need it, shortly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. As we work through this, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, please leave me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job. Please do not forget to do this before leaving the site. Like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. I am sure you understand.

ANSWER: So long as the petition is still valid, and the employer is willing to take you back, you can go back to the original employer with which you have a valid H1B. Please keep your evidence of employment for one day with the employer with which you worked only one day; at some point, you will be required to provide evidence that you maintained lawful status, even if it was working for one day with this employer. That will be in the form of a paystub or some other evidence of employment, which you are entitled to receive, even if you worked only one day.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have, then please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. If you still have more questions, you can ask them even after you’ve given a rating.

I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for the response. will rate 5 stars for the help. i Have one more question: I have submitted my I9 form here at new employer, does it pose any problem, do i need to re-submit my i9 once i am back to previous employer.

Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: There is a section for Reverification and Rehires on the I-9. So that should be what the employer completes.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but no rating was given so I was not given credit. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.