How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Your Own Question
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28189
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get an appointment at the Colombian Consulate in

Customer Question

How can I get an appointment at the Colombian Consulate in Los Angeles to get a new cedula? I am a naturalized citizen of the US, but need to be able to visit Colombia. I have an old identity card from 1957.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am in San Diego, California, and I have not filed anything.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to make two appointments the same day, if possible, because I have to get a new Colombian passport since the one I have has expired.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 27 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Expert:  Judith replied 27 days ago.

Have you gone to the Consulate's webpage for LA?

It is in Spanish and I cannot find the English version.


Customer: replied 27 days ago.
we went in, in both English and Spanish. We are now in a rush. Can I call later, in about 1.5 hours?
Expert:  Judith replied 27 days ago.



Expert:  Judith replied 27 days ago.

Just following up with you.

You don't need an appointment.

The instructions for the Cedula tells you what documents to bring in person.


The renewal of the identity card may be requested by young people between 14 and 17 years.

  • Having 14 years of age
  • Personal presentation, accompanied by their parents or legal representative.
  • Present previous Identity Card (pink).
  • A photocopy of Birth Certificate.
  • Knowing the HR and blood group of the applicant.
  • Bring 3 photos 4x5 on white background, preferably with dark clothing.

Note: This service is free.

As for the passport it appears that takes 8 days and you need to complete the online

Fill out the application electronically to expedite the process at the issuing office.Go to a passport office in person to present documents, taking photography and recording fingerprints and signature. Itis not necessary to take photos.Original present the valid identity card format (yellow with holograms).When the applicant does not have valid identity card format, you can submit the following documents, according to your case:First password ***** by the National Civil Registry, which must have photo and fingerprint, certified copy of birth certificate (a true copy) issued by the notary, Registrar or Consul.Password ***** by request duplicate or renewal of the identity card issued by the National Civil Registry, which must have photo, fingerprint and must be accompanied by the online consultation certificate validity of the certificate held through the website of the National Civil Registry. The consultation of the certificate of validity of the certificate of citizenship may be advanced by the issuing office.Password ***** for correction of the identity card issued by the National Civil Registry, which must have photo and fingerprint, certified copy of birth certificate (a true copy) issued by the notary, Registrar or Consul.Submit previous passport, if available.In case of loss or theft of a passport, the applicant must only inform the office issuing this situation, under oath.Note: The issuing office, if deemed appropriate, may request the certificate of nationality, in order to verify the applicant's identity.When you can not present your card for passport application, it is compulsory to the original password ***** physical, the duplicate card online Registry is invalid.You will then go in person to the Consul General and it does not appear they schedule appointments but you can call in advance and inquire.MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRSConsulate of Colombia in Los Angeles, United States*****Suite 420, Beverly Hills, California 90211 Customer service: Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm Local Phone:(###) ###-####9863I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith
Expert:  Judith replied 21 days ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.